Sunday, April 12, 2015

Adam Ansel at the Long Island Museum

I visited the Ansel Adams exhibit at the Long Island Museum along with the class. The museum actually had multiple buildings that we did not get to visit. During my time at the exhibit, I was able to learn more about Ansel Adams, his technique and photography. We have previously learned about Ansel Adams and studied his black and white landscape photographs. I think the short video they showed on the television screen was very helpful. I was able to see a detailed description of some of the cameras and techniques used by Ansel Adams.

I especially liked the photograph taken at Yosemite, that was also painted by Thomas Hill 36 years earlier. It was nice to learn about the ways Adam Ansel photographed his landscape pictures. Sometimes it is easy to forget how we are very blessed with technology and are able to change a picture just with a click of a button.

I noticed a few things around the exhibit that really adds to my knowledge of Ansel Adams. They specifically mentioned how the exhibit is in dim light because it could affect the photographs, that are very sensitive to light. They also included books on a table with a lot of references to Ansel Adam's work. Moreover, there was also the painting done by Thomas Hill on the other side of the exhibit. The two pictures are taken or painted at different times in different seasons. However, it is interesting to compare and contrast the beauty of Yosemite 33 years apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment